Georgia State (1-4. 0-0) vs. Georgia Tech (0-2, 0-0)
Wednesday, Feb. 14 | 5 p.m. | Heck Softball Complex
Free live audio on GeorgiaStateSports.com, GSU Athletics Mobile App.
Georgia State: 1-4 Overall, 0-0 Sun Belt (0-0 Home, 0-1 Away, 1-3 Neutral)
Georgia Tech: 0-2 Overall, 0-0 Atlantic Coast (0-0 Home, 0-0 Away, 0-2 Neutral)
- Georgia State hosts Georgia Tech Wednesday for GSU’s 2018 home opener. First pitch is scheduled for 5 p.m. and free audio of the game will be available through GeorgiaStateSports.com and the GSU Athletics mobile app.
- Georgia State defeated Georgia Tech 9-5 last season in the most recent meeting. GT leads the all-time series 47-23.
- The Panthers are coming off a 1-4 weekend at the Wilson DeMarini Classic in Tampa. GSU defeated UAB 15-4 on Sunday after losses to #2 Florida, #18 Michigan, South Florida, and Illinois State.
- Ivie Drake hit three home runs over the weekend and drove in seven RBI. Her three home runs are tied for sixth in NCAA after the first weekend of games.
- Freshman Skylar Mosel made her collegiate debut against #2 Florida and finished the Wilson DeMarini Classic with six RBI. Mosel drove in five runs in GSU’s win over UAB.
- Megan Litumbe and Ivie Drake have hit a combined 104 career home runs, more than any other active pair of teammates in NCAA Division I.
- Megan Litumbe ranks third among active players in NCAA Division I with 54 career home runs. Ivie Drake’s 50 home runs rank sixth.
- Georgia State was picked to finish third in the Sun Belt Conference in the preseason coaches’ poll. The Panthers were picked to finish behind just Texas State and Louisiana.
- The Panthers had two players named to the preseason All-Sun Belt squad in redshirt senior Megan Litumbe and senior Ivie Drake.
- GSU returns 16 players from last season including six starters. The Panthers also welcome four newcomers to the 2018 roster.
- Head coach Roger Kincaid enters his eighth season as head coach for the Panthers. Kincaid has a career record of 248-167. GSU has won at least 30 games each season that Kincaid has been the head coach.
- All 20 players on GSU’s active roster this season are from the state of Georgia.
- Georgia State has a challenging schedule in 2018. The Panthers are slated to play in 10 contests against teams ranked in the preseason NFCA Top 25.
- The Panthers will play 25 home contests in 2018. Texas State and Louisiana, the only two teams picked ahead of GSU in the preseason Sun Belt poll, will both visit the Bob Heck Softball Complex during Sun Belt play this year.