Game 25: GEORGIA STATE (10-14) vs. TEXAS STATE (13-10)
Feb. 15, 2017, 4:00 p.m. ET • GSU Sports Arena • Atlanta, Ga.
Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 • TV: ESPN3
Georgia State: 10-14, 6-7 Sun Belt
H: 3-8, A: 6-4, N: 1-2
Texas State: 13-10, 8-4 Sun Belt
H: 8-4, A: 5-6, N: 0-0
Sharon Baldwin (Georgia, 1991)
GSU: 78-126 (7th Yr.)
Career: 273-268 (18th Yr.)
All-time Series: 3-4
H: 3-0, A: 0-3, N: 1-0
First Meeting: 2013-14
Last Meeting: 2015-16
GEORGIA STATE ON THE AIR
Radio: 1340 The Fan 3
Play-by-play: John Morgo
Internet: Live stats at GeorgiaStateSports.com
GET READY FOR THE GAME...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Georgia State won a pair of road game last week against Coastal Carolina and Appalachian State. GSU has now won five of its last six games.
• Georgia State and Texas State will be meeting for the eighth time. Both teams are 3-0 on their home courts with Texas State winning the lone neutral site game.
• Georgia State leads the Sun Belt in FT shooting in league games at 74% (154-208).
• GSU is in seventh in the Sun Belt standings, one game behind Georgia Southern and two behind Texas State who is tied for fourth.
• In Sun Belt contests, Jada Lewis is shooting a hot 50% (17-34) from long range and averaging 12.4 points per game.
• Georgia State is third in the Sun Belt in rebounding, averaging 39.5 a game.
• The Panthers average 15 offensive boards a game which is 3rd in the Sun Belt
• Tiffany Holston is averaging 9.0 rebounds per game which is 60th in Division-I and fourth in the Sun Belt. Her 208 total rebounds is second in the Sun Belt.
• Makeba Ponder hit four 3-pointers vs. ULM to move into second place on GSU’s career 3-pointers list with 157, passing Kelcey Roegiers. Kendra Long holds the record with 221.
• Georgia State was picked to finish ninth in the Sun Belt Preseason Poll after a 10th place finish last season.
• Makeba Ponder earned All-Sun Belt Preseason Second-Team honors for the second year in a row.