What you need to know
* The Panthers earned its second straight sweep with a 4-0 victory over UNC Wilmington Saturday afternoon, with Zackery Kennedy earning his second match-clinching win of the season.
* The team improved to 12-6 on the season (2-1 SBC), with two home matches left in the regular season.
* GSU will return to the court to host rival Georgia Southern on March 31 for senior day.
WILMINGTON, N.C.- The No. 44 Georgia State men’s tennis team swept its second team in as many days, extending its win-streak to four with a 4-0 victory over UNC Wilmington. Senior Zackery Kennedy clinched the match for GSU, his second of the season.
With the win, the Panthers improved to 12-6 overall (2-1 SBC) while the Seahawks fell to 7-4.
The match began with singles play due to the threat of inclement weather, and was suspended before doubles play due to the clinch.
Sebastian Acuna earned a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Leon Black, but it was Kennedy’s 2-6, 6-1, 6-2 win over Josh Hublitz in the tie-breaker set that clinched the win for GSU at the No. 1 match.
The Panthers will return home to host rival Georgia Southern on March 31 at Piedmont Park. Senior day recognition will begin before the match, with first serve at 3 p.m. Live stats will be available at GeorgiaStateSports.com.
1. #114 Zackery Kennedy (GSU) def. Josh Hublitz (UNCW) 2-6, 6-1, 6-2
2. Andres Torres (UNCW) vs. Andrei Andrukhou (GSU) 6-3, 3-6, 0-3, unfinished
3. Agustin Savarino (UNCW) vs. Jannis Koeke (GSU) 7-5, 4-6, unfinished
4. Quentin Coulaud (GSU) def. Ignasi de Rueda (UNCW) 6-3, 6-4
5. Sebastian Acuna (GSU) def. Leon Back (UNCW) 6-3, 6-1
6. Felipe Jaworski (GSU) def. Daniel Groom (UNCW) 6-3, 6-2