BALANCE HAS BEEN AN ASSET
Georgia State has used all 10 players who dress out on a regular basis throughout the season.
• All 10 have played 193 or more minutes and all averaged more than 12.9 minutes a game.
• All 10 have scored at least 9 or more points in a game.
• Eight of the 10 have scored in double figures, four different ones have scored 15 or more points in a game.
• Four different players already have had a double-figure rebound game.
• Eight of the 10 are averaging 4.2 or more points a game. All 10 have scored 43 or more on the season.
• Nine of the 10 have 5 or more assists; All 10 have already blocked a shot.
DEFENSE HAS BEEN KEY TO GEORGIA STATE WINS
Georgia State s 9-7 start is primarily a credit to the defensive efforts. This season is only the seventh time of the Panthers’ 38-season history that they had started by winning 8 of its first 10 games.
GSU’s defense has held eight of the 16 opponents under 50 points this season and allow just 58 points a game despite forcing an up-tempo, fast-paced game.
If one wants to know primarily why GSU is winning, just look at the national NCAA rankings of the 345 Division I teams on Monday, Jan. 21 and one will see the impact the Panthers’ aggressiveness is having:
• No. 16 in the NCAA in 3-point field goal defense (.254)
• No. 32 in the NCAA in all field goal defense (.346)
• No. 62 in the NCAA in blocked shots per game (4.3)
• No. 64 in the NCAA in rebound margin (+4.6)
• No. 75 in the NCAA in steals per game (10.5)
• No. 99 in the NCAA in points allowed (58.3)