* Penny Hart caught a 9-yard touchdown from Conner Manning with 2:31 to play as Georgia State rallied for a 21-17 victory at Georgia Southern, the Panthers' third straight win over their in-state rival. The touchdown was set up by a fumble caused by DeAndre Applin and recovered by James Traylor at the Georgia Southern 31-yard line.
* Georgia State (5-3, 4-1 Sun Belt) has won five of its last six games and now sits in second place in the Sun Belt, trailing only unbeaten Arkansas State.
*The Panthers have won their last four road games - at Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, ULM and Georgia Southern. Next up is a trip to Texas State for the final road game of the season.
*Penny Hart broke his own school record with 191 receiving yards on eight receptions, including:
> The game-winning 9-yard touchdown on a spectacular catch in the corner of the end zone with 2:31 to play;
> A career-long, 70-yard reception down to the 5-yard line to set up Georgia State's second touchdown;
> A 53-yard reception on 3rd-and-10 from the GSU 19-yard line, flipping field position in the final eight minutes to set the stage for the Panthers' comeback.
* Hart, the Sun Belt's leading receiver, ranks fifth in the nation in receiving yards (109.5 per game), sixth in receptions (7.6 per game) and 10th in touchdowns (8).
* Hart has accounted for 36 percent of the Panthers' receptions (61) and 41 percent of their receiving yards (876) this season while catching eight of the team’s 12 TD passes.
* On the first play of the game, James Traylor forced a fumble and Chandon Sullivan scooped it up and returned it 28-yards for a touchdown. Sullivan, the senior cornerback, is the first Panther with two defensive touchdowns in his career; he also had a "pick six" vs. Arkansas State in 2015.
* The Georgia State defense has forced a turnover on the opening drive in three straight games with Sullivan's fumble return following interceptions by Bryan Williams vs. Troy and South Alabama.
* The Panther defense ranks in the top three in the Sun Belt in scoring defense, total defense and rushing defense.
* True freshman tight end Roger Carter had a breakout game in the Georgia Southern win with four catches for 42 yards, including his first touchdown on a 2-yard reception.