Game 17: GEORGIA STATE (4-12, 0-5 SBC) at COASTAL CAROLINA (9-7, 3-2 SBC)
Jan. 13, 1 p.m. • HTC Center • Conway, S.C.
TV: ESPN3 • Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 / 103.7 FM
• Georgia State wraps up a two-game swing in the Carolinas with a Saturday afternoon contest at Coastal Carolina after a 77-62 loss at Appalachian State Thursday.
• Georgia State made its first-ever trip to the HTC Center in Conway, S.C. last season, leaving with a 69-48 win over the Chanticleers.
• Kierra Henry is averaging a team-best 15.4 points per game. She has scored double-digit points in 14 of 16 games this season.
• Georgia State is shooting an impressive 75.5% from the free throw line this season which ranks 31st in NCAA D-I. Kierra Henry leads the team at 85.5% (min. 20 att).
• The Panthers rank seventh in the country with 261 free throws made. That mark is tops in the Sun Belt.
• GSU ranks third in the Sun Belt in steals per game with 9.5. Madison Newby is 2nd in the conference with 2.20 steals per contest.
• Kierra Henry scored 28 points at Troy earlier this season. It was the most points scored by a Panther since Kelcey Roegiers scored 33 in 2007.
• The Panthers had a challenging start to the season, facing Florida, No. 4 Mississippi State and Georgia Tech on the road for the first three games.