Game 1: GEORGIA STATE (0-0, 0-0 SBC) vs. UNCG (0-0, 0-0 SoCon)
Nov. 7, 11 a.m. ET • GSU Sports Arena • Atlanta, Ga.
TV: ESPN+ • Radio: 94.1 WSTR-HD2
• Georgia State opens the 2018-19 season Wednesday morning at home against UNCG.
• Wednesday’s contest between GSU and UNCG will be the first-ever meeting of the two programs.
• Wednesday's game will also be Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day as all GSU faculty and staff gets into the game for free. Head Coach Gene Hill also announced on Twitter that he would pay for lunch for the first 100
• New head coach Gene Hill makes his GSU debut as the 10th coach in GSU women’s basketball history.
• While the coaching staff is new, the Panthers return 10 players from last season including four starters. Four newcomers will have a chance to make their GSU debuts Wednesday.
• Veterans K.K. Williams and Kierra Henry have played a combined 161 games in a GSU uniform.
• Kierra Henry led the team in scoring last season (14.2 ppg) and led the Sun Belt in free throw shooting (81%).
• After sitting out last season due to transfer rules, forwards Allison Johnson and Walnatia Wright look to bolster the GSU roster and bring depth to the post positions.
• GSU has just one freshman on the roster this season, Gainesville, Ga., native Carly Winters. Winters is a lights-out 3-point shooter who ranks third in all-time points with 1,597 at East Hall HS.
• Transfer Madison Ervin is new to the program after transferring to GSU from Cape Fear CC. Ervin is a skilled guard.
• Redshirt sophomore Jada Lewis returns after missing nearly all of last season due to injury. Lewis was honored as the Sun Belt Freshman of the Year for the 2016-17 season.
• GSU will play a challenging non-conference schedule, including hosting Georgia Tech at home and visiting Tallahassee, Fla., to face #11 Florida State.
• All GSU home games will be broadcast live on ESPN+ this season.