Women's Basketball Prepares for Ragin' Cajuns
Georgia State Sports Communications
Game 14: GEORGIA STATE (7-6, 1-1 SBC) vs. LOUISIANA (2-11, 0-2 SBC)
Jan. 10, 7:30 p.m. ET • Cajundome • Lafayette, La.
TV: ESPN+ • Radio: 94.1 WSTR-HD2/GeorgiaStateSports.com
• Georgia State continues Sun Belt play with a road trip to Louisiana to play at Louisiana Thursday and at ULM on Saturday.
• GSU split the opening weekend of conference contests, beating UTA 50-48 before falling 69-60 to Texas State on Saturday.
• The Panthers sit at 1-1 in the Sun Belt. Louisiana and ULM both went 0-2 last week with losses to Arkansas State and Little Rock. Four teams sit at 2-0 in the conference.
• In GSU’s 50-48 win over UT Arlington, Allison Johnson hit the game-winning jumper with 1.7 to play. Johnson led GSU with 17 points and nine rebounds.
• GSU ended non-conference play with a 6-5 record. That’s the most wins in non-conference for GSU since the team went 8-2 in 2012-13.
• Jada Lewis scored 30 points in the win over NCCU on Dec. 20. It was the most points by a Panthers since 2007.
• Kierra Henry scored her 700th career point at Jacksonville State. Henry leads all active Panthers in career points (733). Jada Lewis scored her 500th career point in the contest.
• Gene Hill was the first women’s basketball coach to start their GSU tenure 3-0 since Joyce Patterson in the 1980-81 season.
• At 16.4 points per game, Jada Lewis ranks fifth in the conference. Walnatia Wright’s 8.9 rebounds per game is fourth best in the SBC.
• Shaq Miller-McCray is second in the conference with 1.9 blocked shots per contest. Jada Lewis leads the SBC and ranks 7th in NCAA D-I in minutes per game at 37.9
• Head coach Gene Hill got his first win at Georgia State in the season opener against UNCG. The Panthers won 70-63 to begin the Hill era. He is the 10th head coach in program history.