Women's Basketball Looks to Bounce Back at ULM
Georgia State Sports Communications
Game 15: GEORGIA STATE (7-7, 1-2 SBC) vs. ULM (7-7, 1-2 SBC)
Jan. 12, 1:00 p.m. ET • Fant-Ewing Coliseum • Monroe, La.
Radio: 94.1 WSTR-HD2/GeorgiaStateSports.com
• Georgia State wraps up its two-game road trip to Louisiana with a 1 p.m. contest against ULM in Monroe, La., Saturday at 1 p.m. ET.
• After winning the Sun Belt opener at home against UTA, GSU has lost back-to-back games to Texas State and Louisiana, both by single digits.
• Georgia State is 7-2 all-time against the Warhawks.
• Jada Lewis scored 22 points in Thursday’s 57-54 loss at Louisiana. The Panthers missed a shot at the buzzer that would have forced overtime.
• The Panthers and Warhawks both sit at 1-2 in the Sun Belt. After starting 0-2, ULM beat Georgia Southern on Thursday with a buzzer-beater.
• GSU ended non-conference play with a 6-5 record. That’s the most wins in non-conference for GSU since the team went 8-2 in 2012-13.
• Jada Lewis scored 30 points in the win over NCCU on Dec. 20. It was the most points by a Panthers since 2007.
• Kierra Henry scored her 700th career point at Jacksonville State. Henry leads all active Panthers in career points (733). Jada Lewis scored her 500th career point in the contest.
• Gene Hill was the first women’s basketball coach to start their GSU tenure 3-0 since Joyce Patterson in the 1980-81 season.
• At 16.4 points per game, Jada Lewis ranks fifth in the conference. Walnatia Wright’s 8.9 rebounds per game is fourth best in the SBC.
• Shaq Miller-McCray is second in the conference with 1.9 blocked shots per contest. Jada Lewis leads the SBC and ranks 7th in NCAA D-I in minutes per game at 37.9
• Head coach Gene Hill got his first win at Georgia State in the season opener against UNCG. The Panthers won 70-63 to begin the Hill era. He is the 10th head coach in program history.