Women's Basketball to Host ULM Thursday
Georgia State Sports Communications
Game 21: GEORGIA STATE (11-9, 5-4 SBC) vs. ULM (7-13, 1-8 SBC)
Feb. 7, 6 p.m. ET • GSU Sports Arena • Atlanta, Ga.
TV: ESPN+ • Radio: 94.1 WSTR-HD2/GeorgiaStateSports.com
• After three straight road games, Georgia State returns home to host ULM Thursday and Louisiana Saturday at the GSU Sports Arena. GSU has won four of its last six.
• GSU and ULM played each other on Jan. 12 with the Panthers winning 56-41. Allison Johnson scored 15 points in the win.
• Georgia State defeated rival Georgia Southern for the sixth time in a row Saturday in Statesboro. The Panthers won 83-66 behind 22 points from K.K. Williams.
• GSU routed Texas State 57-34 in San Marcos on Jan. 24. The Panthers held the Bobcats to just 27% shooting and did allow a single 3-pointer on 10 attempts.
• It was the fewest points allowed by GSU against a D-I school since the Panthers beat Samford 82-30 on Jan. 18, 2000.
• After falling behind 12-6, GSU went on a 28-2 run, including outscoring the Bobcats 20-2 in the 2nd quarter.
• GSU won 84-80 over Troy at the Sports Arena on 1/19. GSU trailed by 18 in the 3rd quarter against the Sun Belt leaders before staging a comeback and handing Troy its first conference loss.
• At 15.1 points per game, Jada Lewis ranks fourth in the conference. Walnatia Wright’s 8.7 rebounds per game is fifth best in the SBC.
• Shaq Miller-McCray leads the conference with 1.9 blocked shots per contest. Jada Lewis leads the SBC in minutes per game at 36.7 She’s eighth in the Sun Belt in steals.
• Head coach Gene Hill got his first win at Georgia State in the season opener against UNCG. The Panthers won 70-63 to begin the Hill era. He is the 10th head coach in program history.
• Gene Hill was the first women’s basketball coach to start their GSU tenure 3-0 since Joyce Patterson in the 1980-81 season.