Women's Basketball to Face Mountaineers in New Orleans
Georgia State Sports Communications
Game 30: No. 4 GEORGIA STATE (17-12, 11-7 SBC) vs. No. 5 Appalachian State (17-13, 10-8)
March 14, 12:30 p.m. ET • Lakefront Arena • New Orleans, La.
TV: ESPN+ • Radio: 94.1 WSTR-HD2/GeorgiaStateSports.com
• No. 4 seed Georgia State will face No. 5 seed Appalachian State on Thursday at 12:30 p.m. ET at the Sun Belt Conference Tournament.
• Jada Lewis was named All-Sun Belt Second Team after leading the Panthers in scoring this year. Allison Johnson was named Sun Belt Newcomer of the Year and All-Sun Belt Third Team. Johnson led GSU in scoring during conference play.
• Gene Hill has turned around the GSU program in his first season as head coach. GSU’s 11 wins in the Sun Belt this year are most for the Panthers since joining the league for the 2013-14 season. It’s the most conference wins for GSU since 2004-05.
• GSU won seven more conference games this year than last. Only four teams in D-I had a better win improvement in conference play this season.
• GSU’s 17 wins is the most in a season since 2003-04.
• Georgia State is one away from 600 all-time program victories.
• The Panthers were picked to finish tied for 10th in the preseason poll. GSU finished fourth and claimed their highest seed in the SBC Tournament since joining the league in 2013-14.
• GSU tied a school record with 12 3-pointers in the win over rival Georgia Southern Saturday. The team set a new GSU single-season record for most 3-pointers made with 177. The previous mark was 168 set back in 2001-02.
• Shaq Miller-McCray is second in the conference with 1.6 blocked shots per contest. Jada Lewis leads the SBC in minutes per game at 35.7 She’s 10th in the Sun Belt in steals. K.K. Williams ranks eighth in steals.
• Gene Hill’s 17 wins in his first season are the most for a GSU coach in their first full season since Joyce Patterson won 28 games in her first year as co-head coach during the 1980-81 season.
To remove your e-mail address from our mailing list, please click on Customer Care and select Remove From Mailing List from the Area of Interest list and specify your e-mail address. Note: This does not apply to opt-in e-mail. To modify your opt-in e-mail deliveries, log in to the site and modify your preferences. Customer Care