Game 30: GEORGIA STATE (8-21, 4-14 SBC) vs. COASTAL CAROLINA (16-13, 10-8 SBC)
March 6, 6 p.m. ET • Lakefront Arena • New Orleans, La.
TV: ESPN3/WatchESPN • Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 / 103.7 FM
• Georgia State heads to New Orleans for the 2018 Sun Belt Championship as the No. 10 seed and will take on 7-seed Coastal Carolina in the first round.
• The Panthers and Chanticleers played once in the regular season with CCU winning 64-49 in Conway on Jan. 13. Shay Fluker was GSU’s leading scorer with 18 points.
• Georgia State joined the Sun Belt Conference prior to the 2013-14 season and will be competing in their fourth SBC tournament.
• The Panthers’ last postseason win came in the CAA Tournament in 2011.
• In Saturday’s regular-season finale against South Alabama, GSU rallied from a 14-point deficit and had a shot to win at the buzzer, but USA held on to win 70-69.
• Last Thursday, Georgia State defeated Troy behind a pair of 25-point performances by Kierra Henry and Janessa Murphy.
• Janessa Murphy has made seven 3-pointers in a game twice this season, both times against Troy. The GSU school record is eight.
• Kierra Henry is averaging 14.1 points per game and leads the team in total points with 408. She has scored double-digit points in 21 games this season.
• Georgia State is shooting an impressive 73.5% from the free throw line this season which ranks second in the Sun Belt. The GSU record for team FT% in a season is 72.6% (1990-91).
• The Panthers rank 16th in the country with 451 free throws made. That mark is tops in the Sun Belt.
• GSU ranks fourth in the Sun Belt in steals per game with 8.3. Madison Newby is second in the conference with 2.36 steals per contest.
• Kierra Henry’s 408 points is most in a season for GSU since 2009-10.