2014-15 Cross County Try Out/Walk-On Information
If you are a full-time student (minimum 12 hours) at Georgia State University, or will become a full-time student in the Fall of 2014, you are invited to a one-day (1) tryout for the GSU cross country team.
On this day, you will be assessed by the coaching staff; GSU coaches will notify you via email if you make the team.
Only current GSU students may participate in the 1-day tryout
Contact Coach England (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your intent to tryout by 3pm Friday, Aug. 22, 2014
- Include: your name, GSU student ID #, event(s), best (verifiable) mark(s)
- Please see posted "GSU Performance Standards" to assess your qualification
Note: All tryout forms must be turned in by 5 p.m. Friday Aug. 22, 2014
- All required forms are located at the top of this page
- All forms must have all necessary signatures
- Turn COMPLETED forms to GSU Compliance in GSU Sports Arena room 153
- Walk-on times to meet with Compliance are Monday, Aug. 11 (10-11 a.m.); or Thursday, Aug. 14 (3-4 p.m.); or Wednesday, Aug. 20 (noon-1 p.m.); or Friday, Aug. 22 (10-11 a.m.)
- Incomplete/late forms will not be accepted thus preventing you from a tryout
- You will receive notification via email by Sunday evening, Aug. 24.
- E-mail will contain details of the Aug. 26 tryout
One Day Tryout: Tuesday morning, Aug. 26, 2014
- Dress in appropriate athletic competition apparel
- All tryout participants will receive an e-mail Tuesday night with tryout results
- For those who are not invited back, those will be welcome to tryout again next year
- Many factors are considered during assessment
- ALL COACHES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-NEGOTIABLE
Please see attached "GSU Performance Standards" above to assess your qualifications
- Georgia State University cross country is highly competitive and competes at the NCAA Division I level in the Sun Belt Conference.
- Achievement of these tryout time standards will not guarantee you a spot on the team nor an athletic scholarship. There are many other factors considered.
REGULAR PRACTICE TIMES:
Cross Country practice and weights normally are in the mornings from 8 a.m. to noon.
If your schedule does not satisfy these practice times, you will not be eligible to tryout
If you cannot make the 1-day tryout on Aug. 26 you will not be eligible to tryout for this year's team...No Exceptions.
Steps to participate in Walk-On Tryouts (MUST be completed by 5pm Friday Aug. 22, 2014):
- You must be accepted and enrolled at Georgia State University
- You must contact Georgia State T&F assistant, Coach England with your intent to tryout
- You must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center. CLICK HERE
- You must complete the Walk-on Tryout Compliance Form (attached)
- You must complete the GSU Medical Form (attached)
- You must turn in ALL completed forms to GSU Compliance in the GSU Sports Arena room 153 by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 22. (Incomplete forms will deem you ineligible for tryouts).
If you've met the above standards, we encourage you to try out.