JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – Georgia State men’s soccer played to a 2-2 draw against East Tennessee State Saturday night at Summers-Taylor Stadium, pushing the team’s record to 4-0-3 overall. It is the first time since 1967 the Panthers have opened the first seven matches of a season without a loss – tying the program record.

Georgia State looked to earn its fifth victory of the season instead of its third tie, as the Panthers held a 2-0 lead with under 10 minutes left in regulation. The Bucs continued to fight and netted two goals within a six-minute span to force overtime. Neither team was able to hit the game-winner in overtime, concluding the night without a winner.

Saturday’s draw continued GSU’s streak of scoring two or more goals in every game but also moved the team to 1-0-3 on the road this season.

Neither side was able to generate much offense in the opening 45 minutes, as ETSU headed to the break with just three shots on goal while GSU had none on target. Panthers keeper Paul Tyson recorded three saves in the first half, including a leaping stop to push a Bucs’ shot over the crossbar in the 31st minute.

Georgia State broke the scoreless tie within the first 10 minutes of the second half, as a cross from Dylan Morris met Frank Rosenwald inside the box who’s shot was blocked by the keeper then corralled by Aris Briggs who booted in his ninth goal of the season – tied for the most goals among all players in NCAA Division I.

GSU added to its lead in the 78th minute after a misguided pass from ETSU met the feet of Rosenwald who took a few dribbles and fired a shot that found the back of net. The goal was Rosenwald’s third of the year.

ETSU continued to battle and cut the deficit in half after a Georgia State foul in the box resulted in a successful penalty kick from the Bucs in the 84th minute. The Bucs found the equalizer with under a minute to play after a scramble in the box lead to a goal from Joe Pickering.

Georgia State’s best look in overtime came in the 109th minute as George Proctor launched a shot off a set piece that zipped over the ETSU keeper but hit the crossbar and bounced back into play. The Panthers finished the night with just five total shots and four on goal, while ETSU had 20 total shots and nine on target.

GSU returns to the pitch 7 p.m. Tuesday to face Stetson in DeLand, Fla. Fans can watch the match live on Hatter Vision or follow along via live stats.

For complete coverage of Georgia State men’s soccer, follow along with the team on TwitterInstagram and Facebook for the latest news and updates.