PLEASE NOTE: Georgia State's game vs. Oklahoma has been moved to 3 p.m., weather permitting.
What You Need to Know:
* Georgia State is scheduled to No. 12 Oklahoma, which leads the nation in wins, Wednesday at 3 p.m..
* The GSU pitching staff ranks third in the Sun Belt with a 3.36 ERA.
* Senior center fielder Ryan Blanton leads the team with three homers, 13 RBI and 12 runs scored.
Oklahoma: Free live audio and live stats on GeorgiaStateSports.com and GSU mobile app.
Georgia State: 9-7 Overall (5-1 Home, 2-4 Away, 2-2 Neutral)
Oklahoma: 17-3 Overall (17-2 Home, 0-1 Away). Ranked No. 12 Collegiate Baseball, No. 20 NCBWA.
Wednesday GSU: TBA; OU: TBA
* After playing six straight games away from home, Georgia State begins a five-game homestand by hosting No. 12 Oklahoma Wednesday, time TBA.
* Oklahoma is the third nationally-ranked, Power 5 Conference foe that Georgia State will face this season. The Panthers split two games at No. 14 Ole Miss, including a 2-0, 11-inning victory on March 8, and lost at No. 17 Georgia Tech.
* At 17-3, Oklahoma leads the nation in wins. GSU is playing Oklahoma and a Big 12 foe for the first time.
* The GSU pitching staff held No. 14 Ole Miss to one run on six hits in 19 innings in last week’s two-game series split. Six different Panther hurlers threw in the series.
* Under the direction of first-year pitching coach Chris Bootcheck, a former Major League pitcher, the GSU staff ranks third in the Sun Belt with a 3.36 ERA.
* The GSU bullpen is 6-0 with three saves and a 2.36 ERA, led by Logan Barnette (2-0, 1 save, 2.19), Rhett Harper (3 saves, 1.04), Devin Vainer (6 app., 0.00 ERA) and Liam Henry (6 app., 1 save, 1.17).
* Freshman pitcher Hunter Gaddis has perhaps been the story of Georgia State’s season thus far. The 6-5 right-hander picked up two wins out of the bullpen before moving to the rotation the last two weekends, and he has thrown 11 straight scoreless innings with 14 strikeouts in his two starts. He leads the team with a 3-0 record and a 1.04 ERA.
* Senior center fielder Ryan Blanton is hitting .292 and has a team-leading three homers, 13 RBI and 12 runs scored. He led off the 2017 season with a home run vs. Marshall, the fifth time in his career he has led off a game with a homer.
* Two players who missed the 2016 season due to injury have figured prominently already for the Panthers. Outfielder-DH Cam Sperry (knee) is hitting .313 with a homer and seven RBI. Relief pitcher Logan Barnette (shoulder) is 2-0 with one save and a 2.19 ERA.
* Georgia State’s 2017 schedule is perhaps the most ambitious in school history. The 2017 slate includes four different Power Five opponents and 13 games against 2016 NCAA Tournament teams, including a home series with Coastal Carolina, the defending national champions and the newest member of the Sun Belt Conference.
* Eleventh-year head coach Greg Frady earned his 500th college coaching victory in the Panthers’ 12-4 victory over Northern Kentucky on March 4. Frady now has 316 wins at Georgia State, plus 187 wins at North Florida C.C. (1991-96).
* Frady is Georgia State’s career leader in victories after passing Mike Hurst (293) on March 20, 2016. In the last year he has also been honored with two different Hall of Fame inductions, joining the German Baseball and Softball Hall of Fame and the Georgia Dugout Club Hall of Fame.
* All but three players on the 2017 roster hail from Georgia, including 26 Panthers from the Atlanta area. Only Jaylen Woullard (Mississippi), Romero Greer (Texas) and Jansen Acton (Alabama) are not from the Peach State.