What you need to know:
* Georgia State fell on the road at No. 43 SMU 4-3 Monday in Dallas. The Panthers (5-5, 0-1) fought hard in the singles matches after dropping the doubles point.
* Kristin Rehse, Arina Taluyenko and Anastasia Grosheva each registered victories in singles to keep the match competitive. Tarani Kamoe and Taluyenko earned a win in doubles to improve to 5-5 on the season.
* GSU travels to Denton, Texas tomorrow to take on North Texas at 3 p.m. ET.
DALLAS, Texas – Georgia State’s comeback came up just short Monday at No. 43 SMU. The Panthers (5-6, 0-1) fell to the Mustangs (11-3) 4-3 in Dallas.
Several Panthers picked up wins in singles including Kristin Rehse, Arina Taluyenko and Anastasia Grosheva. Taluyenko defeated SMU’s Sarai Monarrez-Yesaki 6-3, 4-6, 7-5 to tie the match at three. The freshman leads the Panthers in singles wins with eight.
Rehse and Muminović each notched their sixth singles win on the season out in Dallas. Tarani Kamoe and Taluyenko overpowered Liza Buss and Macie Elliott 6-3 to notch GSU’s only doubles win.
The Panthers return to action tomorrow 3 p.m. ET in Denton versus North Texas.
Tennis Match Results
Georgia State vs SMU
Mar 13, 2017 at Dallas, Texas
#43 SMU 4, Georgia State 3
- Kristin Rehse (GSU) def. Liza Buss (SMU) 7-5, 7-6 (7-5)
- Arina Taluyenko (GSU) def. Sarai MonarrezYesaki (SMU) 6-3, 4-6, 7-5
- Dasha Sharapova (SMU) def. Daniela Ramirez (GSU) 7-6 (7-2), 6-2
- Ana Perez-Lopez (SMU) def. Damira Muminovic (GSU) 4-6, 6-2, 7-5
- Anastasia Grosheva (GSU) def. Mary Wright (SMU) 6-2, 6-3
- Charline Anselmo (SMU) def. Lara Vovk (GSU) 6-2, 6-3
- Tarani Kamoe/Arina Taluyenko (GSU) def. Liza Buss/Macie Elliott (SMU) 6-3
- Ana Perez-Lopez/Sarai MonarrezYesaki (SMU) def. Kristin Rehse/Damira Muminovic (GSU) 6-2
- Mary Wright/Dasha Sharapova (SMU) def. Daniela Ramirez/Anastasia Grosheva (GSU) 6-2
Georgia State 5-6
SMU 11-3; National ranking #43
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (5,6,3,2,1,4)
Follow along with Georgia State on Twitter (@GSUWTennis) for the latest news.