What you need to know:
*Georgia State women’s tennis defeated Florida Gulf Coast on Friday morning.
*The Panthers improved their record to 6-4 on the season.
*GSU will play a doubleheader tomorrow against Miami and Tennessee.
MYERS- Georgia State kicked the weekend off with a 6-1 win over Florida Gulf Coast Friday. The win improved GSU to 6-4 on the season. Jason Marshall’s team has won five of their last six matches.
The Panthers came out hot as Elizabet Danailova and Arina Taluyenko took a quick 6-1 victory. Daniela Ramirez and Anastasia Grosheva followed it up with a 6-3 win of their own to clinch the first point of the match.
In singles play Kristin Rehse continued her stretch of hot play by winning in the one flight 6-2, 6-3. Rehse improved to 5-1 in the number one position this season. Ramirez would take her match 6-2, 6-1 before Taluyenko clinched the match with a 6-2, 6-2 victory.
Danailova and Muminović would go on to win their matches and give the Panthers a 6-1 win.
Georgia State will look to use today’s momentum in tomorrow’s doubleheader. The Panthers will take on Miami Fl. at 10:00 AM and No. 18 Tennessee at 2:00 PM.
Fore news and updates follow @GSUWTennis on Twitter.
- Kristin Rehse def. Julia Ascua 6-2, 6-3
- Elizabet Danailova def. Maja Ornberg 1-6, 7-6, 11-9
- Daniela Ramirez def. Lara Font 6-2, 6-1
- Arina Taluyenko def. Sofia Perez 6-2, 6-2
- Damira Muminović def. Bridget Foster 7-6, 6-4
- Patricia Villiar def. Anastasia Grosheva 4-6, 6-4, 10-6
- Rehse/ Muminović vs. Asscua/Ornberg- DNF
- Danailova/Taluyenko def. Perez/Foster 6-1
- Grosheva/Ramirez def. Falceto/Villiar 6-3