Game 29: GEORGIA STATE (8-20, 4-13 SBC) vs. SOUTH ALABAMA (17-11, 10-7 SBC)
March 3, 12 p.m. ET • GSU Sports Arena • Atlanta, Ga.
TV: ESPN3/WatchESPN • Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 / 103.7 FM
• Georgia State will play it’s final home game of the year Saturday against South Alabama before heading to New Orleans next week for the Sun Belt Championships.
• The Panthers are coming off an exciting win over Troy Thursday at the Sports Arena. Janessa Murphy and Kierra Henry each scored 25 points in the win.
• Janessa Murphy has made seven 3-pointers in a game twice this season, both time against Troy.
• With Thursday’s win, Georgia State locked in the 10-seed for the Sun Belt Championships and will play at 6 p.m. ET on Tuesday in New Orleans.
• Kierra Henry is averaging 13.8 points per game and leads the team in total points with 387. She has scored double-digit points in 20 games this season.
• Georgia State is shooting an impressive 73% from the free throw line this season which ranks first in the Sun Belt.
• The Panthers rank 30th in the country with 440 free throws made. That mark is tops in the Sun Belt.
• GSU ranks fourth in the Sun Belt in steals per game with 8.7. Madison Newby is second in the conference with 2.2 steals per contest.
• Kierra Henry scored 28 points at Troy earlier this season. It was the most points scored by a Panther since Kelcey Roegiers scored 33 in 2007.
• Junior Kierra Henry leads Georgia State in points (387) while Madison Newby is the assists leader with 107. Francesca Minali is the leading rebounder with 140.
• Jada Lewis was the 2016-17 Sun Belt Freshman of the Year and Madison Newby was the 2015-16 SBC Freshman of the Year.