Game 26: GEORGIA STATE (10-15) vs. UT ARLINGTON (17-6)
Feb. 18, 2017, 12:00 p.m. ET • GSU Sports Arena • Atlanta, Ga.
Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 • TV: ESPN3
Georgia State: 10-15, 6-8 Sun Belt
H: 3-9, A: 6-4, N: 1-2
UT Arlington: 17-6, 10-3 Sun Belt
H: 9-3, A: 7-3, N: 1-0
Sharon Baldwin (Georgia, 1991)
GSU: 78-127 (7th Yr.)
Career: 273-269 (18th Yr.)
All-time Series: 1-5
H: 0-3, A: 1-2, N: 0-0
First Meeting: 2013-14
Last Meeting: 2015-16
GEORGIA STATE ON THE AIR
Radio: 1340 The Fan 3
Play-by-play: John Morgo
Internet: Live stats at GeorgiaStateSports.com
Play-by-play: Sam Crenshaw
Color: Kelcey Roegiers
• Georgia State couldn’t complete the rally Thursday night, losing to Texas State 62-51. The Panthers closed an 18-point deficit to a seven point deficit in the fourth quarter.
• GSU will be recognizing around 25 alumni at Saturday’s game. The former players and managers will be honored during media timeouts in the second half.
• Georgia State and UT Arlington will be meeting for the seventh time with the Mavericks holding a 5-1 edge in the series.
• Georgia State leads the Sun Belt in FT shooting in league games at 74% (154-208).
• GSU is in seventh in the Sun Belt standings, one game behind Georgia Southern and two behind fifth-place Louisiana.
• In Sun Belt contests, Jada Lewis is shooting a hot 50% (17-34) from long range and averaging 12.4 points per game.
• Georgia State is third in the Sun Belt in rebounding, averaging 39.5 a game.
• The Panthers average 15 offensive boards a game which is 3rd in the Sun Belt
• Tiffany Holston is averaging 9.0 rebounds per game which is 60th in Division-I and fourth in the Sun Belt. Her 208 total rebounds is second in the Sun Belt.
• Makeba Ponder hit four 3-pointers vs. ULM to move into second place on GSU’s career 3-pointers list with 164, passing Kelcey Roegiers. Kendra Long holds the record with 221.
• Georgia State was picked to finish ninth in the Sun Belt Preseason Poll after a 10th place finish last season.
• Makeba Ponder earned All-Sun Belt Preseason Second-Team honors for the second year in a row.