Game 27: GEORGIA STATE (11-15) vs. ARKANSAS STATE (5-21)
Feb. 23, 2017, 8:00 p.m. ET • Convocation Center • Jonesboro, Ark.
Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 • TV: ESPN3
Georgia State: 11-15, 7-8 Sun Belt
H: 4-9, A: 6-4, N: 1-2
Arkansas State: 5-21, 3-11 Sun Belt
H: 4-6, A: 0-13, N: 1-2
Sharon Baldwin (Georgia, 1991)
GSU: 79-127 (7th Yr.)
Career: 274-269 (18th Yr.)
All-time Series: 1-5
H: 0-3, A: 1-2, N: 0-0
First Meeting: 2013-14
Last Meeting: 2015-16
GEORGIA STATE ON THE AIR
Radio: 1340 The Fan 3
Play-by-play: John Morgo
Internet: Live stats at GeorgiaStateSports.com
GET READY FOR THE GAME...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Georgia State has won six of its last eight games, including a huge win at home on Saturday against second-place UT Arlington.
• Georgia State and Arkansas State will be meeting for the seventh time with theRed Wolves holding a 5-1 edge in the series.
• GSU is in seventh in the Sun Belt standings, one game behind Georgia Southern with three games remaining.
• Georgia State is shooting 34% from 3-point range in league games, good for third best in the conference.
• In Sun Belt contests, Jada Lewis is shooting a hot 50% (20-40) from long range and averaging 12.8 points per game. She leads the SBC in 3-point FG Pct.
• Georgia State is third in the Sun Belt in rebounding, averaging 38.9 a game.
• The Panthers average 15 offensive boards a game which is 3rd in the Sun Belt
• Tiffany Holston is averaging 8.8 rebounds per game which is third in the Sun Belt. Her 221 total rebounds is also third in the Sun Belt.
• Makeba Ponder hit four 3-pointers vs. ULM to move into second place on GSU’s career 3-pointers list with 164, passing Kelcey Roegiers. Kendra Long holds the record with 221.
• Georgia State was picked to finish ninth in the Sun Belt Preseason Poll after a 10th place finish last season.
• Makeba Ponder earned All-Sun Belt Preseason Second-Team honors for the second year in a row.