Women's Basketball Travels to Ranked Florida State
Georgia State Sports Communications
Game 11: GEORGIA STATE (6-4, 0-0 SBC) vs. #25 FLORIDA STATE (11-1, 0-0 ACC)
Dec. 29, 2:00 p.m. ET • Donald L. Tucker Center • Tallahassee, Fla.
TV: ACC Network Extra • Radio: 94.1 WSTR-HD2/GeorgiaStateSports.com
• Georgia State travels to Tallahassee, Fla., to play No. 25 Florida State Saturday at 2 p.m. on ACC Network Extra.
• GSU’s last game versus a ranked opponent was Nov. 16, 2017 at No. 4 Mississippi State. Saturday’s game will be the second of the season against an ACC team. The Panthers lost to Georgia Tech 78-71 on Dec. 2.
• The Panthers took a two-game win streak into the holiday break after wins over N.C. Central and Bethune-Cookman at the GSU Holiday Classic.
• Jada Lewis scored 30 points in the win over NCCU. It was the most points by a Panthers since 2007.
• Georgia State has won three of their last four contests. The one loss in that stretch was an overtime defeat at Jacksonville State.
• Kierra Henry scored her 700th career point at Jacksonville State. Henry leads all active Panthers in career points. Jada Lewis scored her 500th career point in the contest.
• Gene Hill was the first women’s basketball coach to start their GSU tenure 3-0 since Joyce Patterson in the 1980-81 season.
• At 16.9 points per game, Jada Lewis ranks fourth in the conference. Walnatia Wright’s 10.0 rebounds per game is third best in the SBC.
• Shaq Miller-McCray leads the conference with 2.2 blocked shots per contest. Jada Lewis leads the SBC in minutes per game at 38.6.
• Head coach Gene Hill got his first win at Georgia State in the season opener against UNCG. The Panthers won 70-63 to begin the Hill era. He is the 10th head coach in program history.
• GSU plays a challenging non-conference schedule this year, including hosting Georgia Tech at home and visiting Tallahassee, Fla., to face Florida State.
• All GSU home games will be broadcast live on ESPN+ this season.