Panthers Head to Texas to Face Bobcats Thursday
Georgia State Sports Communications
Game 18: GEORGIA STATE (9-8, 3-3 SBC) vs. TEXAS STATE (9-9, 4-2 SBC)
Jan. 24, 8 p.m. ET • Strahan Arena • San Marcos, Texas
Radio: 94.1 WSTR-HD2/GeorgiaStateSports.com
• Georgia State visits the Lone Star State this week to play Texas State on Thursday and UT Arlington on Saturday. This will be the second meeting between GSU and the two schools this season.
• The Panthers are coming off an exciting 84-80 win over Troy on Saturday at the Sports Arena. GSU trailed by 18 in the 3rd quarter against the Sun Belt leaders before staging a comeback and handing Troy its first conference loss.
• Jada Lewis scored 20 points in the game including the game-winning basket with 16 seconds left.
• Georgia State and Texas State played at the GSU Sports Arena back on Jan. 5. The Bobcats won 69-60. Jada Lewis led GSU with 16 points. K.K. Williams scored 12 points to go with four assists and four rebounds.
• GSU ended non-conference play with a 6-5 record. That’s the most wins in non-conference for GSU since the team went 8-2 in 2012-13.
• Jada Lewis scored 30 points in the win over NCCU on Dec. 20. It was the most points by a Panthers since 2007.
• Gene Hill was the first women’s basketball coach to start their GSU tenure 3-0 since Joyce Patterson in the 1980-81 season.
• At 15.9 points per game, Jada Lewis ranks fourth in the conference. Walnatia Wright’s 9.1 rebounds per game is third best in the SBC.
• Shaq Miller-McCray is second in the conference with 1.8 blocked shots per contest. Jada Lewis leads the SBC and ranks 8th in NCAA D-I in minutes per game at 37.3. She’s sixth in the Sun Belt in steals.
• Head coach Gene Hill got his first win at Georgia State in the season opener against UNCG. The Panthers won 70-63 to begin the Hill era. He is the 10th head coach in program history.