Game 18: GEORGIA STATE (4-13, 0-6 SBC) vs. GEORGIA SOUTHERN (3-14, 0-6 SBC)
Jan. 20, 12 p.m. | GSU Sports Arena | Atlanta, Ga.
TV: ESPN3 | Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 / 103.7 FM
• Georgia State is back at home Saturday against rival Georgia Southern. Georgia State has won three in a row against the Eagles. Saturday’s game is a White Out.
• Georgia State is looking to snap a seven-game losing streak. The Panthers hold a .500 record at the GSU Sports Arena this season.
• Kierra Henry is averaging a team-best 14.7 points per game. She has scored double-digit points in 14 of 17 games this season.
• Georgia State is shooting an impressive 74.2% from the free throw line this season which ranks second in the Sun Belt. Kierra Henry leads the team at 82.4%.
• The Panthers rank 18th in the country with 282 free throws made. That mark is tops in the Sun Belt.
• GSU ranks fourth in the Sun Belt in steals per game with 9.3. Madison Newby is fifth in the conference with 2.06 steals per contest.
• Kierra Henry scored 28 points at Troy earlier this season. It was the most points scored by a Panther since Kelcey Roegiers scored 33 in 2007.
• Junior Kierra Henry leads Georgia State in points (250) and assists (63). Shay Fluker is the leading rebounder with 78.
• Sophomores Jada Lewis and Madison Newby were named preseason All-Sun Belt.
• Jada Lewis was the 2016-17 Sun Belt Freshman of the Year and Madison Newby was the 2015-16 SBC Freshman of the Year.
• The Panthers had a challenging start to the season, facing Florida, No. 4 Mississippi State and Georgia Tech on the road for the first three games.
• Head coach Sharon Baldwin has two new members on the staff in Tron Griffin and Jasmine Young. Young played for Baldwin at East Carolina (2005-09).