Game 19: GEORGIA STATE (5-13, 1-6 SBC) vs. UT ARLINGTON (10-9, 4-4 SBC)
Jan. 25, 5 p.m. | GSU Sports Arena | Atlanta, Ga.
TV: ESPN3 | Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 / 103.7 FM
• Georgia State is back at home Thursday against UT Arlington. The Panthers are coming off a big 71-56 win over rival Georgia Southern on Saturday.
• Georgia State defeated UT Arlington in the last meeting at the Sports Arena. The Panthers won that contest 64-59 behind nine 3-pointers.
• Kierra Henry is averaging a team-best 14.9 points per game. She has scored double-digit points in 15 of 18 games this season.
• Georgia State is shooting an impressive 74.6% from the free throw line this season which ranks first in the Sun Belt. Kierra Henry leads the team at 83.5%.
• The Panthers rank 18th in the country with 282 free throws made. That mark is tops in the Sun Belt.
• GSU ranks fourth in the Sun Belt in steals per game with 9.1. Madison Newby is fourth in the conference with 2.00 steals per contest.
• Kierra Henry scored 28 points at Troy earlier this season. It was the most points scored by a Panther since Kelcey Roegiers scored 33 in 2007.
• Junior Kierra Henry leads Georgia State in points (268) and assists (67). Shay Fluker is the leading rebounder with 83.
• Sophomores Jada Lewis and Madison Newby were named preseason All-Sun Belt.
• Jada Lewis was the 2016-17 Sun Belt Freshman of the Year and Madison Newby was the 2015-16 SBC Freshman of the Year.
• The Panthers had a challenging start to the season, facing Florida, No. 4 Mississippi State and Georgia Tech on the road for the first three games.
• Head coach Sharon Baldwin has two new members on the staff in Tron Griffin and Jasmine Young. Young played for Baldwin at East Carolina (2005-09).