Game 22: GEORGIA STATE (5-16, 1-9 SBC) at LITTLE ROCK (13-8, 10-0 SBC)
Feb. 3, 4 p.m. ET • Jack Stephens Center • Little Rock, Ark.
Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 / 103.7 FM
• Georgia State takes on Little Rock Saturday at the Jack Stephens Center. The Panthers are coming off a defeat at Arkansas State Thursday.
• The Panthers kept things close the whole game in Jonesboro and even held a lead in the third quarter, but the Red Wolves pulled away late to win 76-63.
• Last Thursday, Georgia State trailed UTA by as much as 16 Thursday before rallying to send the game to OT. Madison Newby had a double-double with 23 points, 12 assists.
• Kierra Henry is averaging a team-best 14.0 points per game. She has scored double-digit points in 15 games this season.
• Georgia State is shooting an impressive 74.2% from the free throw line this season which ranks second in the Sun Belt.
• The Panthers rank 15th in the country with 334 free throws made. That mark is tops in the Sun Belt.
• GSU ranks fourth in the Sun Belt in steals per game with 8.7. Madison Newby is second in the conference with 2.10 steals per contest.
• Kierra Henry scored 28 points at Troy earlier this season. It was the most points scored by a Panther since Kelcey Roegiers scored 33 in 2007.
• The Panthers had a challenging start to the season, facing Florida, No. 4 Mississippi State and Georgia Tech on the road for the first three games.