Game 25: GEORGIA STATE (6-18, 2-11 SBC) at GEORGIA SOUTHERN (5-19, 2-11 SBC)
Feb. 17, 2 p.m. • Hanner Fieldhouse • Statesboro, Ga.
Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 / 103.7 FM
• Georgia State goes south to Statesboro this weekend to face rival Georgia Southern for the second time this season. GSU won the first meeting 71-56 in Atlanta.
• Georgia State has beaten Georgia Southern four times in a row. In the Rivalry Series between the two schools, GSU holds an 8.5-0.5 lead this year.
• Kierra Henry is tied for the team lead in points per game with 13.9. She has scored double-digit points in 18 games this season.
• Georgia State is shooting an impressive 74.5% from the free throw line this season which ranks first in the Sun Belt.
• The Panthers rank 24th in the country with 379 free throws made. That mark is tops in the Sun Belt.
• GSU ranks fourth in the Sun Belt in steals per game with 8.5. Madison Newby is second in the conference with 2.17 steals per contest.
• Kierra Henry scored 28 points at Troy earlier this season. It was the most points scored by a Panther since Kelcey Roegiers scored 33 in 2007.
• The Panthers had a challenging start to the season, facing Florida, No. 4 Mississippi State and Georgia Tech on the road for the first three games.