Game 28: GEORGIA STATE (7-20, 3-13 SBC) vs. TROY (16-11, 11-5 SBC)
March 1, 5 p.m. ET • GSU Sports Arena • Atlanta, Ga.
TV: ESPN3/WatchESPN • Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 / 103.7 FM
• Georgia State closes out the regular season with home games against Troy Thursday and South Alabama Saturday. Both games will be shown on ESPN3.
• The Panthers are coming off a narrow, five-point loss at UT Arlington last Saturday. Madison Newby scored 13 points with nine assists and Juliet James tallied 17 rebounds.
• Kierra Henry scored 28 points at Troy earlier this season. It was the most points scored by a Panther since Kelcey Roegiers scored 33 in 2007.
• At Troy back on Dec. 31, GSU made 12 3-point
• With the current standings, GSU would be the 10th seed at the 2018 Sun Belt Championships in New Orleans.
• Kierra Henry is averaging 13.4 points per game and leads the team in total points with 362. She has scored double-digit points in 19 games this season.
• Georgia State is shooting an impressive 73.6% from the free throw line this season which ranks first in the Sun Belt.
• The Panthers rank 30th in the country with 419 free throws made. That mark is tops in the Sun Belt.
• GSU ranks fourth in the Sun Belt in steals per game with 8.2. Madison Newby is second in the conference with 2.2 steals per contest.
• Junior Kierra Henry leads Georgia State in points (362) while Madison Newby is the assists leader with 100. Francesca Minali is the leading rebounder with 140.
• Jada Lewis was the 2016-17 Sun Belt Freshman of the Year and Madison Newby was the 2015-16 SBC Freshman of the Year.