Georgia State (28-21, 12-10) vs. Georgia Southern (27-22, 11-13)
Friday-Saturday | May 4-5 | Heck Softball Complex
Friday's game will have a free audio stream available through GeorgiaStateSports.com and the GSU Athletics mobile app.
Saturday's doubleheader will have a video stream available on GeorgiaStateSports.com and the GSU Athletics mobile app. Subscription to PantherVision required.
Live stats will be available through GeorgiaStateSports.com.
- Georgia State hosts rival Georgia Southern for a three-game series Friday and Saturday to close out the 2018 regular season. GSU and GS will start the series Friday at 6 p.m. and will finish the series Saturday with a doubleheader at 1 and 3 p.m.
- Georgia State’s six seniors will be honored following Game 2 of Saturday’s doubleheader.
- The Panthers are coming off a 5-4 win over Chattanooga Wednesday courtesy of a seventh-inning walk-off home run by Arden Jobe.
- GSU has won eight of its last nine Sun Belt contests after taking two of three from ULM over the weekend.
- Ivie Drake was named the Sun Belt Player of the Week Tuesday after hitting .500 with three home runs, five RBI and three runs scored in the series at ULM.
- Georgia State ranks third in the Sun Belt in scoring, home runs per game, and fielding percentage. The Panthers rank second in the conference in slugging percentage.
- Among NCAA D-I players, Ivie Drake ranks eighth in RBI and slugging percentage, ninth in total bases, 12th in on-base percentage, 15th in home runs, and 18th in walks. She leads the Sun Belt in batting average, home runs, RBI, slugging percentage, and total bases.
- Megan Litumbe and Ivie Drake have hit a combined 125 career home runs, more than any other active pair of teammates in NCAA Division I.
- Ivie Drake ranks third among active players in NCAA Division I with 65 career home runs. Megan Litumbe ranks fifth with 60.
- Ivie Drake is the only active player in Division I with both 50 or more home runs and a career batting average over .400.
- Freshman Skylar Mosel was named CollegeSportsMadness.com Sun Belt Player of the Week on April 17 after hitting .538 with a pair of home runs and six RBI in four games.
- Ivie Drake was named the Sun Belt Player of the Week on April 3 after hitting four home runs in the series against Troy. Drake hit .429 with seven RBI and five runs scored. She hit a walk-off homer, two lead-off homers
anda grand slam.
- Reagan Morgan was named the Sun Belt Player of the Week on March 6 after hitting .857 with one home run, four RBI and eight runs scored. She was also honored at the College Sports Madness Sun Belt Player of the Week.
- Head coach Roger Kincaid is in his eighth season as head coach for the Panthers. Kincaid has a career record of 270-180. GSU has won at least 30 games each season that Kincaid has been