What you need to know
* The Panthers fell 4-2 to Louisville in a tough loss Thursday afternoon.
* The team is 8-6 on the season (1-1 SBC).
* GSU will host Middle Tennessee Feb. 26 at Piedmont Park.
LOUISVILLE- The No. 30 Georgia State men’s tennis team fell 4-2 in a tough loss at Louisville Thursday afternoon.
With the loss, the Panthers fell to 8-6 (1-1 SBC) on the season while the Cardinals improved to 8-3.
Georgia State dropped in the doubles point in the top two matches. Zackery Kennedy and Jannis Koeke were defeated 6-0 by No. 37 Sean Donohue and Parker Wynn, while Sebastian Acuna and Andrei Andrukhou fell to C. Morin-Kougoucheff and Ciro Lampasas in a close 6-4 match.
GSU went down 2-0 as Jack MacFarlane fell 6-2, 6-0 in the No. 6 match to Clement Filho. Kennedy was the first Panther to earn a point for the team, defeating Morin-Kougoucheff 6-2, 6-4 in the No. 1 match. The Cards went up 3-1 in the tie-breaker set when Andrukhou fell 6-1, 1-6, 6-1.
Nicolas Rouanet clinched the match for Louisville with a 6-3, 7-5 win over Koeke. Coulaud was the final Panther to finish, defeating George Hedley 6-4, 7-6.
Georgia State will return to the court on Feb. 26 when they host Middle Tennessee at Piedmont Park. Admission is free.
1. No. 37 Sean Donohue/Parker Wynn (LOU) def. Zackery Kennedy/Jannis Koeke (GSU) 6-0
2. C. Morin-Kougoucheff and Ciro Lampasas (LOU) def. Sebastian Acuna/Andrei Andrukhou (GSU) 6-4
3. Felipe Jaworski/Quentin Coulaud (GSU) v. George Hedley/Brandon Lancaster
1. #84 Zackery Kennedy (GSU) def. C. Morin-Kougoucheff (LOU) 6-2, 6-4
2. Peter Wynn (LOU) def. Andrei Andrukhou (GSU) 6-1, 1-6, 6-1
3. Nicolas Rouanet (LOU) def. Jannis Koeke (GSU) 6-3, 7-5
4. Quentin Coulaud (GSU) def. George Hedley (LOU) 6-4, 7-6
5. Sebastian Acuna (GSU) v. Brandon Lancaster (LOU) 7-5, 3-6, 1-0 (10-6)
6. Clement Filho (LOU) def. Jack MacFarlane (GSU) 6-2, 6-0